· Picture day has been rescheduled due to the State Basketball Tournament, for March 14th for all sports pictures including elementary archery and pee wee teams. Kindergarten cap and gown and all district Spring pictures will be March 17th.
· March 28th (Tues): Preschool Registration for 2017-2018 school year
· March 30th (Thurs): Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018 school year from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
· March 7th (Tues): Pee Wee Kingston Basketball Game, away
· March 10th (Fri): Pee Wee Deer Basketball Game, home
· March 14th (Mon): Pee Wee Lead Hill Basketball Game, away
· March 17th (Fri): Pee Wee Alpena Basketball Game, home
· March 28th (Tues): Pee Wee Western Grove Basketball Game, home
· March 30th (Thurs): Omaha Science Fair. If your child would like to participate and would like a form, please contact your child's teacher.
High School news/dates
· March 7th (Tues): Harrison Jr. High Relays @3:30
· March 9th (Thurs): Harrison Sr. High Relays @3:30
· March 10th (Fri): Omaha Softball vs. Deer Home 4:00
· March 11th (Sat): Omaha Baseball & Softball vs. Big Cat Classic @Yellville TBA
· March 13th (Mon): Omaha Baseball vs. Deer @Jasper 4:00
· March 13th (Mon): Omaha Softball vs. Bruno-Pyatt @Bruno 4:00
· March 14th (Tues): Green Forest Jr. High Tyson Relays @3:30
· March 16th (Thurs): Green Forest Sr. High Tyson Relays @3:30
· March 17th (Fri): ACT for juniors
· March 17th (Fri): Omaha Baseball vs. Eureka Springs @Home 4:00
· March 17th (Fri): Omaha Softball vs. Blue Eye @Blue Eye 4:30
· March 27th (Mon): Omaha Baseball vs. Jasper @Home 4:00
· March 28th (Tues): Mountain Home Jr. High Track Meet @3:30
· March 30th (Thurs): Omaha Softball vs. Deer @Jasper 4:00
· March 31st (Fri): Omaha Baseball vs. Yelleville Summit @Home 4:00
Reduced -- $0.30 for all students Reduced -- $0.40 for all students
Paid -- $1.25 for all students Paid --$1.55 for PS - 4th
Adult--$1.85 Paid--$1.80 for 5th - 12th
**NATIONAL BREAKFAST WEEK/ ARKANSAS SCHOOLS BREAKFAST MONTH**
Top 10 Reasons to Eat Breakfast at School
1. Save Time in the Morning - Eating breakfast at school allows you to save time in the morning and let your kids sleep in a little bit longer.
2. Healthier Kids - Research shows students who eat breakfast make less trips to the school nurse and miss fewer days of school.
3. Stay Full All Day - People who skip breakfast are more likely to eat extra calories throughout the day.
4. Lower Your Risk of Diabetes - According to the American Heart Association, people who eat breakfast are significantly less likely to develop diabetes than people who skip breakfast.
5. Maintain a Healthy Weight - A study by the National Weight Control Registry shows that eating breakfast helps people control their weight.
6. Enhanced Memory - According to experts, eating breakfast improves memory and learning.
7. Improved Tests Scores - According to the USDA, eating breakfast can help improve math, reading, and standardized test scores.
8. Enhanced Concentration - According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, people who eat breakfast are better able to concentrate throughout the day.
9. Exercise Better - Researchers believe that people who eat breakfast have higher energy levels as well as more strength and endurance to engage in physical activity.
10. Better Nutrition - Studies have also shown that kids who eat breakfast consume more vitamins, minerals, and fiber throughout the day.
Assorted cereal MONDAY Vegetable soup/crackers
Butter toast Grilled cheese
Assorted juice Mixed green salad
1/2 fruit Pineapple tidbits
French toast sticks TUESDAY Chicken sandwich
Assorted juice Lettuce/tomatoes
1/2 fruit Sweet potato fries
Super bun WEDNESDAY Baked potato
Sausage link Ham/cheese cup
Assorted juice Cheesy broccoli
1/2 fruit Applesauce cup
Pancakes/syrup THURSDAY Pork rib sandwich
Diced ham Baked beans
Assorted juice Coleslaw
1/2 fruit Diced pears
Yogurt/cheese stick FRIDAY *BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH*
Butter toast Biscuits & Gravy
Assorted juice Hash brown
1/2 fruit Sliced ham
All meals served with choice of low fat milk.
4-12 Fruit and vegetable bar offer daily.
Menu is subject to change.
USDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. March 6-10, 2017