The Omaha School District is very pleased to welcome you and your family back for a new and exciting school year! Our faculty and staff have enjoyed summer break, but we are looking forward to getting back to what we love most.....teaching young minds!
The Omaha School District would like to continue our objective to improve communication with parents. We believe that communication plays a crucial role in your child's education. The Parent Involvement Committee will continue to send emails every Friday (or the last day of the school week) to provide parents with updates, school information, etc.
We would like to welcome aboard new staff members and announce some returning staff members that now hold new positions. We are thrilled to have them join our team at Omaha School!
- Kayla Villines -- Pre-School Director
- Shawnna Applegate -- 1st Grade
- Kierstan Wray -- 2nd Grade
- Steffanie DeVore -- Kindergarten
- Kelly Millsap -- 4th Grade
- Mary Bruffett -- K-12 Music
- Sarah Jenkins -- Elem. Art/Title I
- Abbi Barnes -- School Nurse
- Amber Barnett -- HS English/Forensics
- Dani Schull -- HS English
- Rachel Nations -- FACS (Home Ec.)
- Rocky Dodson -- Boys' Coach/Athletic Director
- Sharon White -- Pre-School Aide
- Jenny Laughlin -- Pre-School Aide
- Katrina Williamson -- Elem. Aide
In an effort to make our campus more safe and accessible, we have made several building and campus improvements over the past few years. Below are some recent improvements made to our campus:
Please make sure that your child is up to date on state required vaccinations. Information on the requirements are available at http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/immunization_requirements.pdf
- August 6th (Wed): Substitute Training from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. If you are interested in substitute teaching, please attend this mandatory meeting. For more information, please contact 426-3366. Thank you!
- August 11th (Mon): Preschool Open House from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- August 12th (Tues): Monthly School Board Meeting - Media Center at 6:00 pm.
- August 14th (Thurs): 7th Grade Orientation at 5:00 pm in the High School Gym
- August 14th (Thurs): Kindergarten Orientation at 5:30 pm in the Elementary Library
- August 14th (Thurs): Kindergarten - 12th Grade Open House from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Come meet your child's teacher & see your child's classroom. We hope to see you there!
- August 18th (Mon): First day of school :)