Registration for 2018-2019 School YEAR
Parents of kindergarten students residing in the Omaha School District with a student five (5) years of age on or before August 1st, 2018 may enroll their students for the 2018-2019 school year.
A child moving from another state may enter kindergarten upon written request to the school district if the child:
- Has been enrolled in a state-accredited or state-approved kindergarten program in another state for at least sixty (60) days;
- Will become five (5) years old during the year in which he or she is enrolled in kindergarten, and
- Meets the basic residency requirement for school attendance.
- A parent, guardian, or other person residing within the state and having custody or charge of a child may elect for the child not to attend kindergarten if the child will not be six (6) years of age on August 1 of that school year. If an election is made, the parent, guardian, or other person having custody or charge of the child shall file a signed kindergarten waiver form with the local school district administrative office. Upon the filing of the kindergarten waiver form, the child shall not be required to attend kindergarten in that school year.
Documents Needed to Complete Enrollment
1. Two types of proof of residency are required (choose from the following options):
- Current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
- Rent or lease agreement and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
- Copies of current utility bills from two different utilities (gas, water or electricity) showing parent's name and address
2. Copy of the child's birth certificate
3. Copy of the child's Social Security Card
4. Up-to-date immunization record. The following immunizations are required:
- DTP/ DTaP/DT/Td 4 doses- with1 on/after 4th birthday
- Polio 3 doses- with1 on/ after 4th birthday
- MMR 2 doses- with1 on/after 1st birthday and at least 28 days between doses
- Hepatitis B 3 doses
- Hepatitis A 1 dose on/after 1st birthday
- Varicella 2 doses-1 after 1st birthday and second dose at least 28 days after dose 1
OR a note from a medical professional with proof / statement of disease history
5. If opting out of immunizations, parent/guardian must present a valid waiver for immunizations from the Arkansas Department of Education.
6. A current physical examination, (Wellness Visit) within the last 24 months.
In order to be assigned to a kindergarten class, a parent /guardian must provide a copy of a current physical or well child check-up dated within the last 24 months or a written statement from a health care provider stating an appointment date to obtain a physical exam. The examination must be obtained within 90 days of student’s initial enrollment, (the first day of attendance).
If you choose to waive kindergarten enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year, please complete and submit a Kindergarten Waiver to the Central Office.
PReparing Your Child
The Arkansas Dept. of Education website may assist in preparing your child for kindergarten
-Kindergarten Readiness Indicators for Parents
-Getting Ready for Kindergarten Calendar
-Arkansas Child Development and Early Learning Standards
-Los indicadores que determinan el nivel de preparacion para entrar a parvularia